Applications to the MHA program should be submitted via the Health Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application Service (HAMPCAS). A summary of admissions requirements and necessary documents is listed below. Before starting an application, please review the HAMPCAS FAQs. Applications are accepted for both fall and spring admissions.
George Mason University Admissions Requirements
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA to be considered. Admission to the program is competitive, and a variety of criteria are evaluated in the admission decision. Applicants are evaluated based on past academic performance (including prior academic degrees and courses taken), letters of recommendation, personal professional goal statement and professional experience. These are used to determine the applicant's "match" with the program and potential for success in graduate studies. Applicants who are deemed to meet the above criteria are required to have a brief personal interview with faculty. Applicants who are unable to attend a personal interview will be interviewed through video conferencing technology.
Program Admission Standards
Work experience in the healthcare industry is preferred, but not required for admission. As of October 9, 2017, GRE and GMAT scores are no longer required as part of the admission process or decision.
Required Documents - All Applicants
- HAMPCAS Application
- Transcripts for all educational colleges and universities attended. Send all official transcripts to HAMPCAS at the following address:
PO Box 9122
Watertown, MA 02472
All degrees completed outside the U.S. must be evaluated by World Education Services International Credential Advantage Package (WES ICAP).
- Personal Essay
- Two letters of recommendation. Applicants are required by HAMPCAS to submit three references (listed as "Evaluations). An application is deemed complete when two references are received.
- Application for Virginia In-State Tuition Rates, if claiming entitlement to these rates. This is available via the supplemental application in HAMPCAS.
- Supplemental Application. GMU requires a supplemental application as part of the admissions process. The link is provided in the HAMPCAS application. There is no additional application fee.
Additional Documents - International Applicants
- TOEFL English Proficiency Exam. Report TOEFL scores in the HAMPCAS application. Send official test scores to HAMPCAS code B589.
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility. This form is required for international students requesting an I-20 visa, and is submitted through the Supplemental Application available in HAMPCAS.
- International applicants (those with an undergraduate degree from outside the U.S.) should review George Mason's Admissions website for International Applicants.