A variety of metrics are used to evaluate student outcomes. Results for selected outcomes of interest to prospective students and others are as follows:
- A survey of 70 MHA alumni conducted in March of 2018 indicated that ninety one percent would recommend our graduate program to someone who wants to pursue graduate education in health services administration. And ninety four percent indicated that upon graduating they were prepared for the challenges of their job.
- Following the capstone practicum, preceptors submit an evaluation of their students. During the most recent evaluation, 100% of Preceptors rated capstone students at a 90% or better on Communication; 100% of Preceptors rated capstone students at a 90% or better on Relationship Management; 100% of Preceptors rated capstone students at a 90% or better on Leadership and Management; 100% of Preceptors rated capstone students at a 90% or better on Critical Thinking
- During the most recent preceptor evaluation, ninety percent of preceptors indicated that they would be receptive to employing the capstone student in their organization if a suitable position were available.
- At the end of a student’s program of study a comprehensive exam is administered. During the last assessment, one hundred percent of the students completing their course work received a B or better on the Exam.
- Each year all students in Executive Management complete a self assessment of perceived proficiency with each of the program competency domains and the sub-competencies. Students rate their proficiency on a five point scale. During the most recent survey, students completing coursework reported a higher level of proficiency on each of the program competencies than students beginning course work. Perceived proficiency levels were between 4.0 and 4.5 on all competencies.
Completion Rate and Employment
The completion rate for students who entered the MHA program, concentration in executive management, in academic year 2009 – 2010 was 80 percent. The rate for students who entered the program in academic year 2011 – 2012 was 87 percent. Of the 22 students who graduated in academic year 2012 -2013, 95 percent were employed within three months of graduation.
For detailed information on the types of positions held by alumni of the MHA program, visit Careers in Health Care Administration.