Students are supervised in the practicum by the academic advisor and a host agency preceptor. The preceptor of record must have a minimum of a master’s degree in health care or a related discipline. Following are the preceptor’s responsibilities:
- Identify a suitable project, based upon identification of a specific management problem area, opportunity or health policy issue;
- Provide recommendations to the student to obtain a self-directed orientation to the agency/organization;
- Involve the student in relevant organizational meetings;
- Meet regularly with the student during the practicum; and
- Upon course completion, give feedback to the faculty advisor on the student’s practicum performance.