What is Imagine?
Microsoft Imagine is a portal where students enrolled in Department of Health Administration and Policy (HAP) courses can get free access to Microsoft products that are required for their courses.
How do I register for an account?
All George Mason students who are registered for a HAP course in the current semester are entered into the system at the start of each semester. To begin the registration process:
- Visit https://e5.onthehub.com/WebStore/Welcome.aspx?ws=058b3ace-2512-e111-a703-f04da23e67f6
- Click "Register" in the upper right corner
- Use your GMU email address as your username. Example: email@example.com
- Follow the registration prompts
- Wait to receive a confirmation email before attempting to log in.
Imagine won't let me log in with my email address, what is my username?
Your username is your GMU email address.
I can't log in!
If you cannot log in confirm that:
- You are using a firstname.lastname@example.org address.
- That you are enrolled in a HAP course in the CURRENT semester.
If you still unable to log in, use the "Forgot username and password" link on the login page to reset your password.
Why don't I have access to Imagine?
Only students who have declared HAP majors or students registered for HAP courses can access Imagine.
I am not a HAP student; can I still get an Imagine account?
You will not be able to get an account under the HAP license unless you are a HAP student; however, you are eligible to create an Individual Student Imagine account directly through Microsoft.
I need help downloading or installing my software.
The first time you try to install software from Imagine, you will be required to install the Secure Download Manager (SDM). You will then be able to download the .SDX file for your order. When you run this file, it will launch to the Secure Download Manager (SDM), which will then download your order. Your order will download in a .ISO format. This is an image file and must be mounted to some media before you can access your setup files. You must either mount the .ISO file to a CD\DVD, a thumb drive, or use software that can mount the file directly (it is recommended that you mount the .ISO file directly for all orders except for Windows OSs (XP, 7, 8, Server 2008, etc) which needs to be bootable.
- View instructions on how to mount the .ISO to a CD\DVD or USB Drive (PDF)
- If you use Windows 8 or 8.1, you can right-click on the .ISO file and click "Mount" to directly mount the file.
- If you are using Windows 7, you can use a free 3rd party application such as Virtual Clone Drive to directly mount the .ISO file.
Can I get Microsoft Office for free from Imagine?
The Imagine program is for developers and Microsoft does not consider Office to be a development package. Microsoft Access is a development environment, therefore it is available through the website. The University has an agreement with Microsoft that permits you to download a copy of Microsoft Office through your Office365 interface. Learn more about Office 365 Pro Plus to download Microsoft Office Products.
I have a Mac, how can I use this software?
Microsoft Imagine software is not compatible with Mac computers. However, you can install VMWare Fusion on your Mac and create a virtual PC using a version of Windows from Microsoft Imagine.
Who do I contact for support?
Please e-mail your course instructor. Please only send an e-mail from your GMU address. We cannot provide assistance to requests sent from outside addresses.
Portions of the instructions were provided by the Volgenau School of Engineering and used with permission.